Well maybe not exactly, but it is a small town winter thing to do. OR maybe that's an excuse to fulfill my life long desire to join a bowling league. I won't tell.That aside, for the next 27 weeks I will be bowling on a team named "Twisted Sisters", in the town of El Jebel, in a bowling alley named El Jebowl. I had my first league night on Monday, at which time I glided across the floor in shoes worn by far to many people. My 14 lb. ball was purple (Sandra will love that) and etched into it was the word "Siren". Meow!
I had a blast!! We played three games. The first and last I scored in the nineties which I didn't consider bad for someone who has only bowled a dozen times in high school. The middle game I peeked when I bowled 4 strikes and ended with a score of 143. Pretty cool, huh! This all means that my average score will be 110, which is now my goal each game.
On a side note, bowling is hard on the body. I woke up Tuesday morning with a sharp pain in my shoulder (not used to hurling a 14 lb. ball around for a couple hours) and could barely walk. Although the shoulder pain went away within a day, this afternoon was the first time since Monday that I was able to walk without a limp. Everyone at work teased me. Big-City-Girl.
Above is the sign at the bowling alley, yes it was only lit in the upper left corner. This was to keep out the rif-raf. I somehow got in. =)
2 comments:
Happy birthday to you!
Happy birthday ... to you!
Happy birthday dear Erin!
Happy birthday to you!
Yes, you!
happy birthday? yay!
i always walk a little funny after bowling too
Post a Comment